Tuesday 1 May 2012

Hot...sunny...dry...


Pinnacle Ridge
 Ruaraidh and Alan on Pinnacle Ridge
 Alan leading the first pitch of 3 Pines
 Looking up Flying Dutchman
Looking across the traverse
Looking down the short lived 4c crux of Flying Dutchman's direct finish

Today I was hot outside for the first time in...... months..... in fact since November! I was teaching climbing to Alan and Ruaraidh in Glen Nevis and it was properly hot and sunny. We climbed Pinnacle Ridge in 3 pitches with me leading but them placing gear and building belays. Then they led 3 Pines with me in close attendance before we did the excellent Flying Dutchman (the second best severe in the Glen... IMHO Secretaries takes the honours) and its short direct finish with a wee 4c move.
Super hot, super sunny, I've got sun burnt forearms and neck, more like today please!!

No comments: