So Scott and I had an abortive day today. I have my eye on a new line and we went for a drive to see if it was in but were stopped by a very snowy road. We drove back to Nevis Range to get a quick hit on the Ben but a tree down on the road and the lateness of the hour sealed the deal and we decided not to argue with karma and called it a day (at least I got packed and prepped for 4 busy days, emails done, both bikes back on the road).
Elsewhere Jamie B and Ken went to look at the Bridge of Orchy Hills which were black so they went to Stob Coire Nan Lochan but here the turf was only patchily frozen and the buttresses black so it sounds like little was achieved.
Some of the UHI students did climb on Ben Nevis. They climbed Garadh Gully on ice which looked ok. Kenny, Guy and Keith also climbed The Sorcerer in Coire Na Ciste (nice work). On Aonach Beag Andy Nisbet and Dave McGimpsey look to have added a couple of lines at III or IV today too (good effort on an early season visit to a crag that feels a looooong walk in to me).
Looks like a thaw from tomorrow for the next 5 days at least. I'm working though so at least I'm not missing out!!