Friday 21 August 2009

MIA ropework on Tower Ridge





I think I'm growing gills and webbed feet!
Today I was providing some staff training for The Ice Factor and had MIA trainee Chuck take me and placement student Andy up Tower Ridge. We looked at a variety of ropework strategies; mostly shortroping but using the steeper ground to look at rock-climbing ropework in series and changing to parallel too. The weather was wet and blustery with the odd hail shower. The pony track on the Ben was as busy as ever with holiday makers in various attire but at least the visibility improved on the way down and we actually got views on the summit plateau for the first time in a while!
I have availability on an SPA Assesment, Glasgow based on 3-4 September if anyone is interested- just drop me an e-mail.

No comments: