Saturday 2 May 2015

A little iron in my diet

I've been spending some time close to home after a great trip climbing in the Lakes and because I'm going to be away a lot later on in the season.
A few days ago I was in Kinlochleven with a few of the mountaineering department staff from Glenmmore Lodge. We were looking at the via ferrata that Vertical Descents have put up in Kinlochleven as a possible activity to use on various courses. We had a good day out and some good chat about using the activity with students.







Today was a return to the via ferrata but this time with Sandy. Jane brought Kaye to the start of the course and then the wee man and I did it together. He cottoned onto how to change over his lanyards at the rebelays and using his third crab on his scorpio for resting on.




Sandy on the Iron Way from Alan Halewood on Vimeo.
After both days we stopped in at  Ballachulish Visitor Centre for some great food and drink!


No comments: