Thursday 22 January 2015

One Mor time to the west face

Well it looks like I've missed out on the steep ice that's been being enjoyed for the last few days but today was a work day again so it was all about my students. Ruairidh and Jen both needed some time on the sharp end on straightforwards climbing ground with good gear. I decided to take them to the easy route I soloed back just before new year on the west face of Aonach  Mor. The ridge definitely fit the bill today (think Dorsal Arete but twice as long and without the crowds) although the wind was a little stronger than expected (even with the beard I'm not going to need any exfoliation for a while).
Looks like I've missed the boat on that ice for a while as tomorrow will be a well earned leg rest day before a week in the east as the weather goes unsettled.
 Ice Screw
 V thread
Ruairidh gives it a test
Off we go
 R on the sharp end
 A belay sheltering from the wind
 Jen following
Non stop smiles
 A belay in the wind

 Jen topping out
The final belay

No comments: