Saturday 19 May 2007

Scrambles and Ropes Courses





















Spring is a great time to hit the rock in Scotland whether for some early season cragging or on a big moutain scramble. I was out with a great father and daughter team the other weekend. On the Saturday they followed me up Pinnacle Ridge, Right Wall - Styx Butress and The Gutter at Polldubh for their first days rock climbing. On the Sunday we went to Buachaille Etive Mor and climbed Curved ridge with sunshine and hail showers swirling around us.

I received a request to do some staff training on a high ropes course at Crieff Hydro and Jamie B and I spent 2 days there last week. The friendly staff team there were great fun and picked up belaying skills and an understanding of the different elements very quickly. We did some work on their cimbing tower, leap of faith from the pamper pole, jacobs ladder and balance beams. In the evenings Jamie and I managed a little cragging (see next post).

No comments: