Tuesday 23 June 2009

Away until...

...26th July. I'm away to Greenland first thing on Thursday and not back online until 26 July. I'm one of 4 Instructors guiding a party of 12 pupils from Glasgow Academy in Gaaseland in East Greenland. All of the pupils have snowholed, been on several winter skills courses, climbed indoors and outdoors (several of them lead). After flights via Iceland and Scoresbysund we will be flown by twin otter to a beach at the end of a 20km long valley. About a dozen glaciers spill off 2 ice caps on either side and no-one has climbed any of the peaks on either cap. Excellent!
In the mean time my wife Jane will man the e-mails. I am available the first 2 weekends in August and the third in September and have a fair amount of availability left on week days- so feel free to get in touch of you want to book walking, mountaineering or climbing in Scotland or The Lakes. Enjoy the first half of summer.... I will!

No comments: