Tuesday 13 July 2010

Gogarth Dreamin'

Sally on Wen
Dream of White Horses Pitch 1
Pitch 2 on Dream
And Pitch 3
The final Traverse on Dream

Sal, Adam and I went to Gogarth today. The forecast was for rain moving in but we were confident of getting something done and abseiled in to start on Wen (HVS 4c,5a). A pitch each for me and Adam and after a sandwich we were back down in the zawn with Sal starting us up the uber classic Dream of White horses (HVS 5a,5a,4c,4c). Then a pitch for me and one for Adam saw us watching the seals from the Ledge in Concrete Chimney whilst Sally danced us across the final traverse. This pitch looks jaw droppingly unlikely and despite the exposure and the fact that the rain had just arrived it felt relatively friendly. Back at the bags the heavens opened on queue to give me a rainy farewell to a my few days in Wales. Home to Scotland tomorrow!

No comments: