Tuesday 4 October 2011

MIA last day and today

Sunday was the last day of the MIA training course at Glenmore Lodge.... I don't know if the students were tired but I certainly was! We spent the final day looking at models for training and assessing so that they would have a good basis for working on MLT NGB courses in the future. The guys got the opportunity to train and assess each other on a variety of finite skills with a set standard before sitting down with George and I to go through their action plans on how they plan to prepare for assessment. A good end to a busy 9 days.... as ever I seemed to learn as much as I taught!
Yesterday was a day of laundry and catching up but today I went out onto Ben Nevis for a quick leg stretch. Bill and Colin did Castle Ridge and I tore up Ledge Route before a rapid descent to the half way lochan. The short video clip gives a good idea of the conditions.... no sign of the snow yet but it was certainly cold up there. I rode the bike into Fort William for a quick meeting with a client looking for some long term climbing development and then home to dry out and warm up. Now..... how many emails do I have to answer??? Too many!

No comments: