Friday 8 March 2013

Last day of the MIC Assessment- a bit wilder

Back to more like business as usual yesterday. A quick overnight thaw and fresh snow, stronger winds and poor visibility. Well.... stops us getting soft doesn't it? Mind you I'm sure the MIC Candidates would have welcomed a continuation of the recent stellar conditions!
I was out with another candidate and his 2 mock students and he correctly identified wether indications confirming the avalanche forecast on the way in so we made our way to a safe aspect to climb Fiacaill Couloir (whilst another team did Invernookie). As he took the team up the route in 6 pitches teaching as possible in the swirling snow I soloed carefully around them. Topping out it was a little blowy but a good decision soon had us descending in the relative shelter of Fiacaill Ridge.
Team about to head up Invernookie. Candidate above in the mist.
Keeping it interesting in Fiacaill Couloir
A brief view
And another

Results today (well done all for the effort- its a hard 4 days whatever the outcome) and thanks to the mock students (interested in 2 days free instruction with a potential MIC see the Glenmore Lodge website for details). Thats the end of my season at The Lodge- back to the west now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not my first time to go to see this website, i am visiting this web site dailly and get good data from here everyday.

my website barbi oyunları

Anonymous said...

Thank you for any other great post. The place else could anyone get that type of
info in such a perfect manner of writing? I've a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the search for such information.

Also visit my site: graduate certificate programs