Thursday 14 November 2013

Wet rock, snowy hills

Colder again today and I was in Glen Nevis with Dan and Holly of the third day of their improvised rescue training. We went to the driest route in Glen Nevis (Cross 3) and the oldest (Hangover Buttress Left Edge). Dan's used to climbing with me in autumn now and brings his wellies! The rock was a bit cold… first hot aches of the season and I don't get them on last week's winter route- I get them rock climbing in Glen Nevis! The rock was a bit greasy… but I'm sure it was good training for something (can't think quite what…).
More snow dusted on the Mamores and Ben Nevis but a couple of mild days to come before the next cold pulse.
 Ben Nevis this morning
 A little collaborative learning
 The full welly boot experience
 "I can't feel my fingers!"
 Holly swallowed by the crag
 Stob Ban
 Birch stump
 Holly sitting in a holly
 No Dan you don't have a chalk bag
 West Highland autumnal rock climbing
Holly fascinated by the guide plate (she was… honestly)

No comments: