Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Creagan Cha No

Today we headed up from the Ciste car park into a much stronger wind than expected. The snow that had been transported onto lee slopes was very visually obvious in the Ciste Gully. We arrived at Creagan Cha No followed by a few other parties to find many of the buttresses quite black. This ruled out our plan A (Jenga Buttress). We abseiled down Anvil Gully (which was snowy) and climbed up Dukes Rib (II). Then we abseiled Recovery Gully for Nathan and Callum to lead back out. To finish the day I lowered them down into Anvil Gully to climb back out again to let them get a feel of mixed IV.
Poor internet connection at Badaguish so pictures to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: